Terms and Conditions
- Shared Services Canada does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Shared Services Canada personnel who need the information to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose the information to anyone outside those who need to provide you with a response in the federal government.
- Shared Services Canada uses per-session cookies. Cookies are a commonly used tool to enable web developers to fine-tune the site based on user-activity trends or to enhance the functionality of the site.
- Per-session cookies will automatically be deleted when you leave our site.
You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies which will not negatively impact your ability to view and use our site. Please refer to your browser's help file on how to do this.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Shared Services Canada may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator by email to ATIP-AIPRP@ssc-spc.gc.ca. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or by calling 1-800-282-1376.
The Shared Services Canada's site respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site are available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The Government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The Government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which Shared Services Canada links is not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by Shared Services Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC). Through the permission granting process, PSPC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web pages are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please Contact Us.
- Date modified: